Monday, July 7, 2014

Connected to Who

We just spent a week up north at a resort with our extended family and pictured above are a number of my great nieces and nephews.  As I think about this picture I am reminded that being connected to one another is a priceless treasure.  There is no substitute for deep relationships.  I sometimes wonder about people who say they have no connection with God.  What is that like?  I know what it's like to be confused about God, or doubt God is listening or caring, or wonder where God is in the midst of the world's tragedies, but to acknowledge no connection whatsoever with God, not even anger, that baffles me.  It seems to me that Augustine was right when he said that we are restless until we find our rest in God.  I'm sure others will disagree.  For me a real word of Gospel is when Jesus says, "I call you friends."  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment